Thursday, March 1, 2007

My First Week

Well, I guess it's not really my first week on the planet. I'm seven, you know. But, it was my first week with these humans. I'm a dog. A Scottie dog to be exact. My name is Pepper. Pepper Duck. Yes, I know I don't look entirely like a Scottie, but that's because I need a haircut. Badly! I can't wait.

I used to live in Santa Cruz with a family, but they had to give me up to a shelter because they weren't allowed to have dogs anymore. We were all very sad. But, some nice people at the San Francisco Bay Scottish Terrier Rescue Committee took care of me, got me all checked out, and found these two wonderful humans to live with in San Francisco!

Sunday was my first day with them, and I was pretty scared. I didn't know where I was or who they were. But, they fed me, gave me a nice bed, although it's in a cage, and best of all, they took me on long walks.

The first couple of days with them, I had to stay home while they went to work. When they came home, I was very happy to see them. Then, yesterday, I got to go to work with one of them! It was scary! But, Chris, that's his name (the other one is Tim) made his office as comfy as possible, and lots of his friends came to say 'hello'. I even got to go for a walk with my new friend, Macchia, and her human, Luke. Macchia is only 3-months old, so she was a little too much energy for me, but it was fun to show off how good I am at walking on a leash.

It ended up being a fun day, and when I got home, I wanted to play, which I hadn't much felt like doing up until then! I think I'm going to like it here....

No comments: